Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 3,4,5

Wow, time sure flies. How do people blog everyday? They must not have day jobs, or something.

Monday, Matt came home from Brazil (YIPEEEEEEE!)! I made him spaghetti and meatballs, and we had a lovely time hanging out at LauppeLand, although it's VERY awkward to be here without you guys here. That will take some getting used to. I sometimes feel like I should knock or something.... Katie was VERY glad to see him, and tried to stay by his side, but I kept moving her to lay down. Sorry, toots, he's mine to cuddle with tonight. :o) Katie feel asleep that night listening to great stories about Brazil and all his travels, and popped her head up with each of my squeals of delight of the presents he brought back for me from the hippie market. :o) Matt has great taste, permission given to shop for jewelry for me anytime. hee heehee

Tuesday night, Katie had most of the night to herself, as GS First Friday went in to the city to hear Timothy Keller talk about his new book called, "The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism". At first I thought it would be a great place to catch up on some shut eye. It was at the U Penn museum of something-or-other. I am not really one who is big on theology, or being in a position of having a debate conversation with someone who doesn't believe in God (something I am working on) but this guy was great, dumbed it down for me, and I really enjoyed it. Katie was tired when I got home, and didn't really want to hear much about the lecture, so I told her we would catch up tonight.

Now it's Wednesday, and all she wants to do is go outside and bark at her friends. I understand. Maybe one of these nights our schedules will open up, and we will fellowship with one another. It's tough, she is such a busy gal. She has been working O/T at the office, and is always exhausted when I get home, and not up for much conversation. I understand, and don't take it personally.

My friend Carrie Hill is coming over tonight to watch American Idol, although I think it was on last night. Having a home where I may have friends over is SUCH a blessing, you guys have no idea. Parents aren't up for much in the way of outside company. They are set in their ways, and don't leave room for much spontaneity.

Well, things are good here, I hear some scratchin at the back door, so I gotta go get my girl.

BTW, almost done Redeeming Love, and am not happy that it's almost over. I am loving it. Good thing I have some more books in queue.

More later! M

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Megan, you're hilarious. I love that you're getting along so well with Katie, even if you're schedules don't mesh.